Saturday, February 2, 2013

Year-End Report: Looking Back at 2012 - Favorite Music Videos Playlist & Best of Mix


Think of this as the Best of 2012 epilogue. The first playlist contains the 40 best music videos of 2012. Despite contrary belief, music videos keep getting better and better, and these are solid evidence of that. It almost makes one long for some kind of “music television” channel that had curated playlists of videos. Oh well, one can dream. I also kept a continual playlist of tracks, which I threw every song I really enjoyed into over the course of 2012. By the year’s end, I concluded with a massive 340 songs. The playlist serves as a good way to sample bands you've been meaning to check out, as I probably have their best track in there.





You can follow their 2013 counterparts below and catch up with this year's best:





Finally, my current Top 10 of 2013:
  1. And So I Watch You From Afar - All Hail Bright Futures
  2. Buke & Gase - General Dome
  3. Pissed Jeans - Honeys
  4. Foxygen - We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace and Magic
  5. Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing (And Other Stories)
  6. I am Kloot - Let Them All In
  7. Yo La Tengo - Fade
  8. Shugo Takumaru - In Focus?
  9. This Town Needs Guns - 13.0.0.0.0
  10. Lights & Motion - Reanimation

No comments:

Post a Comment