Monday, August 22, 2011

The Demise of Doomstar!


Last week, Doomstar! quietly played their last show ever much to my dismay. One of Boston’s most explosive and energetic live bands, Doomstar! will be missed and I am saddened by the fact that I will never get to see them live again. I still can’t listen to their song “Lily Face” without picturing the band freaking out during the bridge. They have released some of my favorite music in recent memory and have put on several very memorable shows I have attended. With that said, I'm glad the band called it quits when they felt it necessary instead of going through the motions and letting the music go stale. I look forward to hearing future efforts by members of the group. The band has left us with a video of "Sea Gull" performed during their last show at the Middlesex Lounge via The Boston Phoenix. Watch the video below and stream Rainbow Bloodsucker, one of last year's best releases.



No comments:

Post a Comment