Thursday, June 25, 2009

Song of the Day: Animal Collective - Chocolate Girl


Although I consider myself a huge fan of Animal Collective, I was never really able to get into Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished. When I saw them live on May 14, 2009 at the House of Blues in Boston, they came out for an encore and played an incredible rendition of "Chocolate Girl" from the aforementioned album. Every since then, I have been in love with the song. The static melody and joyful synths create a dreamlike feel as only Animal Collective can. Experience it for yourself:



For those interested the full set list from May 14, 2009 at the House of Blues:
1. What Would I Want Sky
2. Summertime Clothes
3. Guys Eyes
4. Who Could Win A Rabbit
5. Slippi #1
6. Fireworks
7. Comfy in Nautica
8. Brothersport
Encore:
9. Chocolate Girl
10. My Girls
11. Leaf House

No comments:

Post a Comment