Monday, March 29, 2010

Local Spotlight On: Bearstronaut


While perusing the Stereo Typing inbox, I came upon a synth-pop band from Massachusetts called Bearstronaut and I have to say that they peaked my interest. After sampling a few songs, I found myself bobbing my head in enjoyment to the propulsive, thumbing beats. The band could easily fit the bill among other Massachusetts up-and-comers such as Passion Pit and Yes Giantess. "Pink Ladies and & Sassy Babies" was an immediate attention grabber that could find a place on your next dance party mix. "Wire", however, was the track that sold me on the group. With a pulsing beat and a grandiose wall of sound, it positions the band to standout among the rest of the synth-shredders. You can hear these tracks on their ReverbNation page.

Check them out at Great Scott on Wednesday with A Sunny Day in Glasgow. I would go myself had I not already had tickets to Japandroids. More info about the show below:

3.31.10
A Sunny Day In Glasgow
Pants Yell!
Bearstronaut
18+ 9pm $10.00
Great Scott
1222 Commonwealth Ave
Allston, MA 02134

Tickets are available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment