Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Stream: Zammuto – Idiom Wind Single


Sound collage innovators The Books have released some of my favorite records of all time, so I was overjoyed to hear that Nick Zammuto, one half of the duo, was working on a solo project under his last name. The Idiom Wind single serves as the first taste and is three tracks full of the innovation and creativity you would expect. It is the precursor to a full-length scheduled to be released in the spring on Temporary Residence. You can order the single here via Make Mind. The 7″ is limited to 500 copies and there will be a digital option made available as well.

Zammuto will also be performing as a four-piece band on February 6th at Brighton Music Hall in Allston, MA. The show has been described as "A truly forward-looking rock show, searingly bright and original." It will be accompanied by a screening of Achante, the gripping new short film about Haitian Voodoo which features a score and sound design by Zammuto. I've got a feeling it’s not one you are going to want to miss.

Finally, Naked Musicians have a released a mini documentary called A Day with Nick Zammuto that chronicles the making of the new album and shows his idiosyncratic process for creating sounds. I can guarantee you've never seem beat making quite like this before.




1 comment:

  1. I like the side project of The Books. I remember me and you listening to them when I was going through a rough patch along with B&S. Listening to Ask - The Smiths right night, fuckin awesome.


    - Migsy

    ReplyDelete